Information system KOTKAS is located at https://kotkas.envir.ee.
In the information system KOTKAS, one can submit environmental charge declarations of integrated environmental permits and environmental permits of ambient air, water and waste. The submission of declarations of mining permits is continued at the website of the e-services of the Environmental Board till 2021.
The website of the e-services of the Environmental Board is located at http://eteenus.keskkonnaamet.ee/.
The environmental charge declaration can be prepared and submitted in the information system KOTKAS and at the website of the e-services of the Environmental Board. Upon the preparation of declaration, information on the use of the environment has to be entered and the electronic form generates the sum of the environmental charge automatically. When the calculation(s) has (have) been made, one can submit the declaration with “once click” and then all you have to do is make sure that there is enough means in the prepayment account of the Tax and Customs Board to cover the monetary claim created under the declaration.
KOTKAS or integrated autonomous system for environmental decisions is an information system, the purpose of which is to gather the application for and proceeding of environmental permits and the declaration of environmental charges into one environment.
In the KOTKAS information system, one can prepare and submit an application for integrated environmental permit, participate in the proceeding process of integrated permits, submit environmental charge declarations and submit annual reports.
Why use the KOTKAS information system and the website of the e-services of the Environmental Board?
- Using the information system prevents the making of errors. In the submitted declarations, there are no calculation mistakes, rate errors and errors of entering the information of the permit in the declaration; one immediately knows what the sum to be paid is.
- In the case of entering the declaration submitted on paper or via e-mail, it may occur that there are omissions in the calculation and one may be asked to submit the declaration again.
- Using the website is convenient and user-friendly.
- Declaration can be submitted at a time and place suitable for the person submitting the declaration.
- The environmental charge declarations of all environmental permits can be submitted in one environment.
- The preparation and submission of the declaration takes less time.
- The calculation forms have been pre-filled with permit information (one only has to enter the information of the use of the environment of the period) and rates (calculations are made automatically).
- The possessor of the permit may authorise several persons to prepare and submit declarations.
- The person submitting the declaration has an overview of the submitted declarations – the person submitting the declaration can later view the submitted declarations.
How can the KOTKAS information system and the website of the e-services of the Environmental Board be used?
One must identify oneself using an ID-card or mobile ID to use the website. Thus, one needs a computer connected to the Internet which has an updated version of the most common web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome). For identification using an ID-card, one must have an ID-card reader and software (possible to download at https://installer.id.ee/).
A contract has to be entered into for using the website of the e-services of the Environmental Board and KOTKAS information system. The contract can be conveniently entered into at the website. The person who has the right to represent the possessor of the environmental permit has the right to enter into contract. After entering into contract, the person who entered into contract can authorise a person (persons) to prepare and submit declarations. Authorisation for the submission of declaration can be granted to several persons and one person may be authorised to submit environmental charge declarations of more than one environmental permits. Entering into contract and granting authorisations is a one-time procedure which is simple and not time consuming.
A contract for the use of the website of the e-services of the Environmental Board may be entered into and authorisations may be granted also at the offices of the Environmental Board. In order to enter into contract at the office of the Environmental Board, the person who has the right to represent the possessor of the environmental permit must have an identity document with him/her. If the right of representation has been delegated, one must also have a letter of authority certifying the right of representation in addition to the identity document. Upon granting authorisations necessary for the use of the website of the e-services, one must submit the personal identification code and name of the person who is authorised.