Environmental Policy of the Environmental Board
The Environmental Board has introduced an environmental management system covering all areas of activity. In 2013, we received the Environmental Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) Certificate of Registration, which was renewed in 2019.
We would like to take the lead in the implementation of environmental management systems in Estonia and to be aware of the role of our daily activities and decision-making in applying the Estonian Environmental Action Plan.
We commit to reduce the negative environmental impact of our activities and to continually improve the productivity of our environmental performance.
To achieve this goal, we shall:
- take measures that ensure the sustainable use of resources (first and foremost, the energy, water and paper);
- take measures that help to reduce the carbon dioxide emissions (specially via a better use of buildings and transport);
- integrate the environmental criteria into procurement procedures and rules of organization with the set of rules of organization (including trainings, projects);
- operate in compliance with all applicable environmental legislation requirements;
- apply the best practice in waste management;
- promote environmental care for personnel and partners via training sessions and information provision.
To better accomplish our environmental objectives via our daily activities, legislation and decisions, we shall:
- periodically perform an environmental impact assessment of its key processes and prepare an environmental action plan on the basis of these results;
- improve cross-sectoral cooperation, in order to assure a more multifaceted assessment of environmental impacts on topics related to the legislation and decision-making;
- enhance a transparent decision-making and an open dialogue towards the stakeholders.
The Environmental Board shall undertake to apply its environmental policy and render it publicly available.
Read more about EMAS.